Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) is an online portal that allows taxpayers like you and me to manage our taxes by providing an easy and convenient way to update our account information as well as file our and Services Tax Bill (GST) returns in the near future. The official slogan for TAP is A Better Tax System. The website is available in two different languages: Malay and English.
Who is TAP for?
TAP is created for registered taxpayer, non-registered taxpayer, agent, tax agent, agency and the public to use.
What Can You Do Using TAP?
Below is a list of things that you can do using TAP:
- Manage your GST registration
- Update your contact information, names and addresses online
- View your account transaction lists and summaries online
- File your tax returns online
- Make payments online and link a payment portal to make other types of payments
- Check your tax refund status
- Grant your account representative such as your account and bookkeeper third party access to use TAP on your behalf
Required Documents for TAP Registration
To register for a new TAP account, you will need the following documents:
- Identity card number or business registration number
- A valid email address
- Total Taxable Supplies
- Bank account information
- Industry codes
- A soft copy of your bank account statement and attach it to your application
How to Apply
Here is a list of steps to register for TAP:
- Browse to the Official Website for Malaysia Goods & Services Tax (GST) Royal Malaysian Customs Department
- Click on the Register For GST under the I Want To menu
- Read on the About The Service, What You Need and After You Finish sections before clicking next to make sure that you know what are doing and what you need
- Next, choose a type of business from the drop-down list of types of businesses
- Fill in the form
- If you are not sure what to do, click on the blue colour icon with the letter I for more information
- Click next after you have finished filling up the details
- Fill in all the required information
- If you are not sure what to do again, click on the blue colour icon with the letter I for more information
- Make sure that the total rate is 100%
- Click next after you have finished filling up all the details
- Click the Lookup Industry Code button and type your business keyword in the green field
- A list of results will be displayed
- Click on the Code hyperlink that is suitable for your business type and click the Select button to confirm the code selection
- Click next and the next page will request your bank information
- Fill in all the required information and click next
- You will then be asked to add at least one person in the Designated Person tab
- Fill in all the required information and change the person’s nationality if you have to
- Click next and you will be directed to a page where you can review and verify all the information that you have filled in
- Once you confirm that everything is accurate and correctly filled in, click on the Submit button
Why Should I Sign Up For GST TAP?
TAP is the easiest and most convenient way for you to manage your taxes online and to file your GST return in the future.
Which Internet Browsers Are Supported By GST TAP Website?
Below is a list of internet browsers along with their versions that are supported by GST TAP website:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox 3+
- Opera 10+
- Safari 5+
As of this moment, GST TAP does not have a mobile version website and it does not support mobile browsing. Although the website can still function to some certain extent on mobile phone browsers, the compatibility is varied.